Saturday, February 3, 2007

Summary Statements

There are so many opinions out there that it would take someone a lifetime to first of all find them, let alone catagorize them. So "many ways" that it can be very confusing for a person. If this helps just one person come to know the truth and be saved from deception it will be well worth all the time I spend in this project.

I cannot help but notice that there are a lot of people who put little or no importance on spiritual matters. I also think they have ideas about God, eternity, and heaven that are so far from reality that when they hear truth it is in such contrast to how they think they dismiss it without any thought. When you look to learn anything about anything, it is obvious to me that creation vs evolution has very much to do with it. It has been such a slow and methodical transition that not very many people saw it coming. To understand truth....you've got to want it bad. If you are content to accept the powerless and confusing religeons of today and want to find your connection to God on the easy, or the emotional paths, this approach I am going to explain will not be what you want to hear.

I grew up in a prodestant church, which I thought was pretty conservative. It once was, but as most denominations today, it has really gone astray. I can say I know this because my life as a Christian was lacking a lot. I professed Jesus Christ as my Savior, yet my life was loaded with sin. I had a case of easy believism. I had "accepted" Jesus as my Lord and Savior in my early teens, yet I lived like hell. Was I truly saved? I read my Bible all the time, went to church pretty regularly, prayed a lot, and I could act like a good Christian around other Christians, but there was so much missing and I knew it. I just couldn't put a finger on it. I knew my life wasn't right, and I also knew that God knew it. Now I cannot blame it on the church or denomination, yet how to live with conviction, power, and joy, it escaped me. I know there are churches out there that may have a good foundational teaching class, but I think they are rare. All one must do is look around at what passes for "church" or look at the lives of "christians" today to know there is something wrong out there.

My intentions are not primarily to point a finger at the different churches or religions, yet in a sense that is what I will be doing, for there is one way, and one way only. That is the heart of the matter. We think we can believe and approach God in a way that makes us in control. Truth matters, knowing about God is knowing God, and He has chosen to reveal Himself in detail in the Bible. It is there we should look for Him, not in our or other's writings or opinions.

No comments: